Criminal Research Specialist
We build partnerships to help our clients navigate risk and hire great talent. That is our mission. We are looking for a smart, passionate, curious and driven Criminal Research Specialist to join our team.
- Relationship builders that enjoy the thrill of new conversations
- Inquisitive minds that look to first understand then solve
- Positive attitudes and prior success ready for a new challenge
- Team players that thrive on positive competition
- Someone who knows there is always more to learn
Criminal Research Specialist Job Summary:
The Criminal Research Specialist is primarily responsible for processing Public Records products related to pre-employment, residential and volunteer background screening applications. Criminal Research Specialists are responsible for reviewing and analyzing court data, analyzing key identifiers and inputting into background screening report. This position is accountable for working within the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulations to provide accurate background screening results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts criminal analysis of applicants utilizing electronic public access of both courts and government agencies.
• Coordinates with on-site court researches to further analyze court data.
• Reviews and analyzes criminal court data, analyzing key identifiers and inputting into background screening report.
• Acts proactively to identify new jurisdictional databases for verification.
• Identifies and escalates data requiring further investigation and research.
• Acts in an investigative manner to consistently locate the applicable source of information.
• 2-5 years of research work history.
• Ability to work independently and be self- motivated
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
• Excellent typing and data entry skills
• Must possess demonstrated ability to research and verify information utilizing computer, internet and telephone.
• Ability to be professional in both oral and written communication.
• Ability to interpret information received orally and/or written and input into the software system.
• Ability to multi-task with various types of research throughout any given time.
• Ability to verify information utilizing computer, internet and telephone.
- Competitive base
- Fabulous PTO/Vacation
- Very Competitive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress
We build partnerships to help you navigate risk and hire great talent. That is our mission. The partnership is built on a dedication to service, support and innovation. For 30 years, we have partnered with employers to build and manage efficient and effective background screening programs. Our roots are in the Midwest and Southern California where we bring a great combination of pride, urgency and simplicity into everything we do.
We service a variety of industries with compliant screening and data products all managed through a client-customized interface that allows hiring organizations complete control over the due-diligence process. We reliably deliver verified, compliant results and offer drug testing services at over 15,000 locations nationwide. With hundreds of pre and post-employment screening options available, we keep your organization competitive in the search to attract and attain the most qualified candidates.
We build partnerships to help you navigate risk and hire great talent.
Empower seamless hiring.
- Do what we say we will do…accountable and honest
- Desire to be the best…learn, improve and stay positive
- Keep it simple…efficient, effective and meaningful
- Display urgency…act with speed and empathy
- Embrace change…innovative, nimble and scrappy
PeopleFacts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.